Re: [Healeys] overdrive problem

To: "'Bob Spidell'" <bspidell@comcast.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] overdrive problem
From: "Bruce Steele" <healeybruce@roadrunner.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 21:40:31 -0700
I agree with Bob, but I'll share an experience I had in the off chance it
helps.  I had a problem with my OD dropping out and/or cycling in and out.
After much trial and error and tracing with the volt meter, I figured out
that the problem was that the fiber washer that came with the replacement
gear level position switch was slightly too thick, resulting in intermittent
closure of the switch.  Removed the washer and used Teflon tape instead,
problem solved.

Bruce Steele
Brea, CA
1960 BN7