Re: [Healeys] Healey Memories

To: Jonathan Einhorn <einhornlawoffice@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Healey Memories
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 08:55:49 -0800
Cc: healey list <healeys@autox.team.net>

--------------ohrxPXUB0e0WOBjdtJ4vIB91

Ouch!

You win ;)

On 12/27/2021 8:54 AM, Jonathan Einhorn wrote:
> [...]
>

>     On 12/27/2021 8:25 AM, i erbs wrote:
>>     Thanks. Great story. Back in day help was easier to get. In 1980
>>     I was going with some friends to hike Mt Whitney in the Sierras
>>     over memorial day weekend.  We pulled into a gas station in lone
>>     pine in my 69 Chevelle. It was a Sunday. As I got gas I checked
>>     my oil and wiggled my radiator fan, as I want to do. It wiggled
>>     and water started leaking from the pump weap hole. No parts
>>     stores open and the GM dealership parts Dept  next door was
>>     closed...the guy pumping gas worked in the dealer parts
>>     department. Opened the shop,  got me a pump and I swapped it out
>>     at gas station . Trip saved, hiked the mountain  had a great
>>     adventure.
>>     Cheers
>>     Happy New Years to all.
>>
>>     Ira Erbs
>>     1959 AH 100-6
>>     1967 MGB
>>     Milwaukie, OR
>>
>>     On Sun, Dec 26, 2021, 5:05 PM healeyguy--- via Healeys
>>     <healeys@autox.team.net> wrote:
>>
>>         Listers
>>         My wife and I were out for a walk in the neighborhood on a
>>         cool afternoon today and the conversation turned to what had
>>         happened in our lives on this date over the years. The day
>>         after Christmas in 1971 really stood out to both of us.
>>         We had been stationed in Hawaii during 1970 and 71. Near the
>>         end of 1970 the first major downsizing of troops in and about
>>         Vietnam was happening, We had to leave Hawaii along with our
>>         year old son, process out of the military after flying to
>>         California and head back home to Pennsylvania.
>>
>>         At the same time Hawaii was prepping for a dock strike
>>         amongst the longshoremen. Fortunately we were able to ship
>>         our 1966 3000 to California just prior to the shutdown.
>>
>>         When our orders to depart Hawaii finally came through we were
>>         able to meet up with the Healey in CA and head east. Made it
>>         from San Jose to Gallop New Mexico before the water pump let
>>         go and we limped into town.  The local Ford dealer was next
>>         to the small motel we found to stay in and the garage offered
>>         to help with tools if I could find the parts. Had a pump
>>         shipped via the Greyhound Bus Company from San Diego (UPS,
>>         Fed Ex and Amazon Prime did not exist back then). Pump
>>         arrived and we installed it in the dealership. By the way the
>>         pump shipped was an early one with the pulley held on with a
>>         nut and the old one was a press fit. Three spot welds with a
>>         stick welder on the nut to pulley joint held it all together.
>>
>>         So, 50 years ago today "we three" where in Gallop enjoying
>>         peanut butter sandwiches, very tainted drinking water and
>>         making some new friends.  We were also anticipating the rest
>>         of the drive across America on what was left of Route 66 and
>>         what might happen along the way.
>>
>>         We pulled into our hometown in western PA on New Years eve.
>>         Another Austin Healey adventure completed.
>>
>>         All the best to all of you folks. Enjoy the ride. (if you can

  <head>
  </head>
    Ouch!  <br>
    You win ;)<br>
      wrote:<br>
cite="mid:CADqHe-1ep-R2Acyb61JFcFjfK8f0zvw6Jxqd4J4LV59VEGfNaw@mail.gmail.com">
          AM Bob Spidell &lt;<a href="mailto:bspidell@comcast.net";
            moz-do-not-send="true"
class="moz-txt-link-freetext">bspidell@comcast.net</a>&gt;
          wrote:<br>
          0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
                easier to get. In 1980 I was going with some friends to
                hike Mt Whitney in the Sierras over memorial day
                weekend.  We pulled into a gas station in lone pine in
                my 69 Chevelle. It was a Sunday. As I got gas I checked
                my oil and wiggled my radiator fan, as I want to do. It
                wiggled and water started leaking from the pump weap
                hole. No parts stores open and the GM dealership parts
                Dept  next door was closed...the guy pumping gas worked
                in the dealer parts department. Opened the shop,  got me
                a pump and I swapped it out at gas station . Trip saved,
                hiked the mountain  had a great adventure.
                    1959 AH 100-6<br>
                    1967 MGB<br>
                    Milwaukie, OR</div>
                  5:05 PM healeyguy--- via Healeys &lt;<a
                    href="mailto:healeys@autox.team.net"; target="_blank"
                    moz-do-not-send="true"
class="moz-txt-link-freetext">healeys@autox.team.net</a>&gt;
                  wrote:<br>
                  0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid
                  rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
                    Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif">Listers
                      neighborhood on a cool afternoon today and the
                      conversation turned to what had happened in our
                      lives on this date over the years. The day after
                      Christmas in 1971 really stood out to both of us.</div>
                      71. Near the end of 1970 the first major
                      downsizing of troops in and about Vietnam was
                      happening, We had to leave Hawaii along with our
                      year old son, process out of the military after
                      flying to California and head back home to
                      Pennsylvania. </div>
                      strike amongst the longshoremen. Fortunately we
                      were able to ship our 1966 3000 to California just
                      prior to the shutdown. </div>
                      through we were able to meet up with the Healey in
                      CA and head east.  <span
                        style="background-color:transparent;font-size:10pt">Made
                        it from San Jose to Gallop New Mexico before the
                        water pump let go and we limped into town.  The
                        local Ford dealer was next to the small motel we
                        found to stay in and the garage offered to help
                        with tools if I could find the parts. Had a pump
                        shipped via the Greyhound Bus Company from San
                        Diego (UPS, Fed Ex and Amazon Prime did not
                        exist back then). Pump arrived and we installed
                        it in the dealership. By the way the pump
                        shipped was an early one with the pulley held on
                        with a nut and the old one was a press fit.
                        Three spot welds with a stick welder on the nut
                        to pulley joint held it all together. </span></div>
                      Gallop enjoying peanut butter sandwiches, very
                      tainted drinking water and making some new
                      friends.  We were also anticipating the rest of
                      the drive across America on what was left of Route
                      66 and what might happen along the way. </div>
                      New Years eve.  Another Austin Healey adventure
                      completed.</div>
                      ride. (if you can get it started!) </div>
          Support Team.Net <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html";
            rel="noreferrer" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"

class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
          Suggested annual donation  $12.75<br>
          Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys";
            rel="noreferrer" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"

class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a>
            target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
            class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
            moz-do-not-send="true"
class="moz-txt-link-freetext">Healeys@autox.team.net</a><br>
            rel="noreferrer" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"

          Unsubscribe/Manage: <a
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/einhornlawoffice@gmail.com";
            rel="noreferrer" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"

class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/einhornlawoffice@gmail.com</a><br>
      -- <br>
        Attorney &amp; Counselor at Law<br>
        129 Whitney Avenue<br>