Re: [Healeys] Healey Memories

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Healey Memories
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 14:13:34 -0800

--------------IH0zAZCMEfMifJCOHezN6GRB

'Swoop and squat?'

On 12/27/2021 2:03 PM, i erbs wrote:
> Our stories were about kindness of strangers. So sorry about your
> crunches. I crunched my car when someone pulled in front of me and
> slammed on the breaks....
>
> Ira Erbs
> 1959 AH 100-6
> 1967 MGB
> Milwaukie, OR
>
> On Mon, Dec 27, 2021, 11:13 AM Jonathan Einhorn
> <einhornlawoffice@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     No injuries, thanks. I have an enormous rollcage (welded, not
>     bolted, to the frame). The first photo was from a SWB Ferrari
>     pulling onto the track in front of me after he spun off. The
>     stewarts were waving him away but he knew better! The second photo
>     was after kissing a guard rail in the rain.
>
>     On Mon, Dec 27, 2021 at 1:14 PM Perry Small <healeyguy@aol.com> wrote:
>
>         The price of going fast in the wet, I do like the recontoured
>         left rear guard. Reminds me of a guard rail.  Wonder why! The
>         thought always come to mind when I see a banged up AHealey is
>         , I hope no one was injured.
>
>         Sent from my iPhone
>
>>         On Dec 27, 2021, at 12:16 PM, Jonathan Einhorn
>>         <einhornlawoffice@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>         And that's why the racecar became all fiberglass!!!
>>
>>         On Mon, Dec 27, 2021 at 12:07 PM <llennep@verizon.net> wrote:
>>
>>             Brings a tear to the eye.

  <head>
  </head>
    'Swoop and squat?'<br>
cite="mid:CABXhz8_yHUGmygV+sqBZicOSTJQuqrDXbDawNC0XTefU7Jsq+w@mail.gmail.com">
        sorry about your crunches. I crunched my car when someone pulled
        in front of me and slammed on the breaks....<br>
          1959 AH 100-6<br>
          1967 MGB<br>
          Milwaukie, OR</div>
          Jonathan Einhorn &lt;<a
            href="mailto:einhornlawoffice@gmail.com";
            moz-do-not-send="true"
class="moz-txt-link-freetext">einhornlawoffice@gmail.com</a>&gt;
          wrote:<br>
          .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
            rollcage (welded, not bolted, to the frame). The first photo
            was from a SWB Ferrari pulling onto the track in front of me
            after he spun off. The stewarts were waving him away but he
            knew better! The second photo was after kissing a guard rail
            in the rain. </div>
              1:14 PM Perry Small &lt;<a href="mailto:healeyguy@aol.com";
                target="_blank" rel="noreferrer" moz-do-not-send="true"
                class="moz-txt-link-freetext">healeyguy@aol.com</a>&gt;
              wrote:<br>
              0.8ex;border-left:1px solid
              rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
                like the recontoured left rear guard. Reminds me of a
                guard rail.  Wonder why! The thought always come to mind
                when I see a banged up AHealey is , I hope no one was
                injured.
                      PM, Jonathan Einhorn &lt;<a
                        href="mailto:einhornlawoffice@gmail.com";
                        target="_blank" rel="noreferrer"
                        moz-do-not-send="true"

class="moz-txt-link-freetext">einhornlawoffice@gmail.com</a>&gt;
                      wrote:<br>
                        all fiberglass!!!</div>
                          27, 2021 at 12:07 PM &lt;<a
                            href="mailto:llennep@verizon.net";
                            target="_blank" rel="noreferrer"
                            moz-do-not-send="true"

class="moz-txt-link-freetext">llennep@verizon.net</a>&gt;
                          wrote:<br>
                          style="margin:0px 0px 0px
                          0.8ex;border-left:1px solid
                          rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
                            Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif">Brings a tear to
                            the eye.<br>

style="font-family:helvetica,arial;font-size:10pt;color:black"><font
                                size="2">-----Original Message-----<br>
                                From: Bob Spidell &lt;<a
                                  href="mailto:bspidell@comcast.net";

class="moz-txt-link-freetext">bspidell@comcast.net</a>&gt;<br>
                                To: Jonathan Einhorn &lt;<a

class="moz-txt-link-freetext">einhornlawoffice@gmail.com</a>&gt;<br>
                                Cc: healey list &lt;<a
                                  href="mailto:healeys@autox.team.net";

class="moz-txt-link-freetext">healeys@autox.team.net</a>&gt;<br>
                                Sent: Mon, Dec 27, 2021 11:55 am<br>
                                Subject: Re: [Healeys] Healey Memories<br>
id="m_-5325742861797045217gmail-m_-5160015884090684873gmail-m_8555630067800576339yiv0322726049">
                                    You win ;)<br clear="none">
id="m_-5325742861797045217gmail-m_-5160015884090684873gmail-m_8555630067800576339yiv0322726049yqt43945">
                                        Jonathan Einhorn wrote:<br
                                          clear="none">
id="m_-5325742861797045217gmail-m_-5160015884090684873gmail-m_8555630067800576339yiv0322726049yqt43632">
                                        compared to these, however.</div>
                                          2021 at 11:43 AM Bob Spidell
                                          &lt;<a rel="nofollow noopener
                                            noreferrer noreferrer"
                                            shape="rect"
                                            href="mailto:bspidell@comcast.net";
                                            target="_blank"
                                            moz-do-not-send="true"

class="moz-txt-link-freetext">bspidell@comcast.net</a>&gt;
                                          wrote:<br clear="none">
                                          0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px
                                          solid
                                          rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
                                              clear="none">
                                              i erbs wrote:<br
                                                clear="none">
                                                Back in day help was
                                                easier to get. In 1980 I
                                                was going with some
                                                friends to hike Mt
                                                Whitney in the Sierras
                                                over memorial day
                                                weekend.  We pulled into
                                                a gas station in lone
                                                pine in my 69 Chevelle.
                                                It was a Sunday. As I
                                                got gas I checked my oil
                                                and wiggled my radiator
                                                fan, as I want to do. It
                                                wiggled and water
                                                started leaking from the
                                                pump weap hole. No parts
                                                stores open and the GM
                                                dealership parts Dept
                                                next door was
                                                closed...the guy pumping
                                                gas worked in the dealer
                                                parts department. Opened
                                                the shop,  got me a pump
                                                and I swapped it out at
                                                gas station . Trip
                                                saved, hiked the
                                                mountain  had a great
                                                adventure.
                                                  all.<br clear="none">
                                                      clear="none">
                                                    1959 AH 100-6<br
                                                      clear="none">
                                                    1967 MGB<br
                                                      clear="none">
                                                    Milwaukie, OR</div>
                                                  Dec 26, 2021, 5:05 PM
                                                  healeyguy--- via
                                                  Healeys &lt;<a
                                                    rel="nofollow
                                                    noopener noreferrer
                                                    noreferrer"
                                                    shape="rect"

href="mailto:healeys@autox.team.net";
                                                    target="_blank"
                                                    moz-do-not-send="true"
class="moz-txt-link-freetext">healeys@autox.team.net</a>&gt; wrote:<br
                                                    clear="none">
                                                  style="margin:0px 0px
                                                  0px
                                                  0.8ex;border-left:1px
                                                  solid

rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
                                                    style="color:black;font:10pt
Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif">Listers
                                                      were out for a
                                                      walk in the
                                                      neighborhood on a
                                                      cool afternoon
                                                      today and the
                                                      conversation
                                                      turned to what had
                                                      happened in our
                                                      lives on this date
                                                      over the years.
                                                      The day after
                                                      Christmas in 1971
                                                      really stood out
                                                      to both of us.</div>
                                                      stationed in
                                                      Hawaii during 1970
                                                      and 71. Near the
                                                      end of 1970 the
                                                      first major
                                                      downsizing of
                                                      troops in and
                                                      about Vietnam was
                                                      happening, We had
                                                      to leave Hawaii
                                                      along with our
                                                      year old son,
                                                      process out of the
                                                      military after
                                                      flying to
                                                      California and
                                                      head back home to
                                                      Pennsylvania. </div>
                                                        clear="none">
                                                      time Hawaii was
                                                      prepping for a
                                                      dock strike
                                                      amongst the
                                                      longshoremen.
                                                      Fortunately we
                                                      were able to ship
                                                      our 1966 3000 to
                                                      California just
                                                      prior to the
                                                      shutdown. </div>
                                                        clear="none">
                                                      to depart Hawaii
                                                      finally came
                                                      through we were
                                                      able to meet up
                                                      with the Healey in
                                                      CA and head
                                                      east.  <span

style="background-color:transparent;font-size:10pt">Made
                                                        it from San Jose
                                                        to Gallop New
                                                        Mexico before
                                                        the water pump
                                                        let go and we
                                                        limped into
                                                        town.  The local
                                                        Ford dealer was
                                                        next to the
                                                        small motel we
                                                        found to stay in
                                                        and the garage
                                                        offered to help
                                                        with tools if I
                                                        could find the
                                                        parts. Had a
                                                        pump shipped via
                                                        the Greyhound
                                                        Bus Company from
                                                        San Diego (UPS,
                                                        Fed Ex and
                                                        Amazon Prime did
                                                        not exist back
                                                        then). Pump
                                                        arrived and we
                                                        installed it in
                                                        the dealership.
                                                        By the way the
                                                        pump shipped was
                                                        an early one
                                                        with the pulley
                                                        held on with a
                                                        nut and the old
                                                        one was a press
                                                        fit.  Three spot
                                                        welds with a
                                                        stick welder on
                                                        the nut to
                                                        pulley joint
                                                        held it all
                                                        together. </span></div>
                                                        clear="none">
                                                      ago today "we
                                                      three" where in
                                                      Gallop enjoying
                                                      peanut butter
                                                      sandwiches, very
                                                      tainted drinking
                                                      water and making
                                                      some new friends.
                                                      We were also
                                                      anticipating the
                                                      rest of the drive
                                                      across America on
                                                      what was left of
                                                      Route 66 and what
                                                      might happen along
                                                      the way. </div>
                                                        clear="none">
                                                      our hometown in
                                                      western PA on New
                                                      Years eve.
                                                      Another Austin
                                                      Healey adventure
                                                      completed.</div>
                                                        clear="none">
                                                      all of you folks.
                                                      Enjoy the ride.
                                                      (if you can get it
                                                      started!) </div>
                                                      Kimberley<br
                                                        clear="none">
                                                          clear="none">
_______________________________________________<br clear="none">
                                          Support Team.Net <a
                                            rel="nofollow noopener
                                            noreferrer noreferrer"
                                            shape="rect"

href="http://www.team.net/donate.html";
                                            target="_blank"
                                            moz-do-not-send="true"

class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br
                                            clear="none">
                                          Suggested annual donation
                                          $12.75<br clear="none">
                                          Archive: <a rel="nofollow
                                            noopener noreferrer
                                            noreferrer" shape="rect"

href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys";
                                            target="_blank"
                                            moz-do-not-send="true"

class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a>
                                          <a rel="nofollow noopener
                                            noreferrer noreferrer"
                                            shape="rect"
                                            href="http://autox.team.net/archive";
                                            target="_blank"
                                            moz-do-not-send="true"

class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br
                                            clear="none">
                                          <a rel="nofollow noopener
                                            noreferrer noreferrer"
                                            shape="rect"
                                            href="mailto:Healeys@autox.team.net";
                                            target="_blank"
                                            moz-do-not-send="true"

class="moz-txt-link-freetext">Healeys@autox.team.net</a><br
                                            clear="none">
                                          <a rel="nofollow noopener
                                            noreferrer noreferrer"
                                            shape="rect"

                                            target="_blank"
                                            moz-do-not-send="true"

                                            clear="none">
                                          Unsubscribe/Manage: <a
                                            rel="nofollow noopener
                                            noreferrer noreferrer"
                                            shape="rect"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/einhornlawoffice@gmail.com";
                                            target="_blank"
                                            moz-do-not-send="true"

class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/einhornlawoffice@gmail.com</a><br
                                            clear="none">
                                      -- <br clear="none">
                                        Einhorn, Esq.<br clear="none">
                                        Attorney &amp; Counselor at Law<br
                                          clear="none">
                                        129 Whitney Avenue<br
                                          clear="none">
                                        New Haven, CT. 06510<br
                                          clear="none">
                                        tel: 203-777-3777<br
                                          clear="none">
                                        <a rel="nofollow noopener
                                          noreferrer noreferrer"
                                          shape="rect"

href="mailto:einhornlawoffice@gmail.com";
                                          target="_blank"
                                          moz-do-not-send="true"

class="moz-txt-link-freetext">einhornlawoffice@gmail.com</a><br
                                          clear="none">
                                        fax: 203-782-1721<br
                                          clear="none">
                                        cell: 203-623-7373</div>
id="m_-5325742861797045217gmail-m_-5160015884090684873gmail-m_8555630067800576339yqt43637">_______________________________________________<br
                                    clear="none">
                                  Support Team.Net <a shape="rect"
                                    href="http://www.team.net/donate.html";
                                    target="_blank" rel="noreferrer"
                                    moz-do-not-send="true"

class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br
                                    clear="none">
                                  Suggested annual donation  $12.75<br
                                    clear="none">
                                  Archive: <a shape="rect"
                                    href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys";
                                    target="_blank" rel="noreferrer"
                                    moz-do-not-send="true"

class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys
                                  </a><a shape="rect"
                                    href="http://autox.team.net/archive";
                                    target="_blank" rel="noreferrer"
                                    moz-do-not-send="true"

class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br
                                    clear="none">
                                  <a shape="rect"
                                    href="mailto:Healeys@autox.team.net";
                                    target="_blank" rel="noreferrer"
                                    moz-do-not-send="true"

class="moz-txt-link-freetext">Healeys@autox.team.net</a><br
                                    clear="none">
                                  <a shape="rect"

                                    target="_blank" rel="noreferrer"
                                    moz-do-not-send="true"

                                    clear="none">
                                  Unsubscribe/Manage: <a shape="rect"

href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/llennep@verizon.net";
                                    target="_blank" rel="noreferrer"
                                    moz-do-not-send="true"

class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/llennep@verizon.net</a><br
                                    clear="none">
                      -- <br>
                        Attorney &amp; Counselor at Law<br>
                        129 Whitney Avenue<br>
                        New Haven, CT. 06510<br>
                        tel: 203-777-3777<br>
                          target="_blank" rel="noreferrer"
                          moz-do-not-send="true"

class="moz-txt-link-freetext">einhornlawoffice@gmail.com</a><br>
                        fax: 203-782-1721<br>
                        cell: 203-623-7373</div>

href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/healeyguy@aol.com";
                          target="_blank" rel="noreferrer"
                          moz-do-not-send="true"

          -- <br>
            Attorney &amp; Counselor at Law<br>
            129 Whitney Avenue<br>
            New Haven, CT. 06510<br>
            tel: 203-777-3777<br>
              rel="noreferrer" moz-do-not-send="true"
              class="moz-txt-link-freetext">einhornlawoffice@gmail.com</a><br>
            fax: 203-782-1721<br>
            cell: 203-623-7373</div>
          Support Team.Net <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html";
            rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
          Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys";
            rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
            moz-do-not-send="true"
class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a>
            noreferrer" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
            class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
            rel="noreferrer" moz-do-not-send="true"
            class="moz-txt-link-freetext">Healeys@autox.team.net</a><br>
            rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
            moz-do-not-send="true"
class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
          Unsubscribe/Manage: <a

href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/eyera3000@gmail.com";
            rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank"
            moz-do-not-send="true"
class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/eyera3000@gmail.com</a><br>
      <fieldset class="moz-mime-attachment-header"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre"
wrap="">_______________________________________________

href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys";>http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a>
 <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"