Re: [Healeys] Wiper rack fit

To: john harper <ah100tech@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Wiper rack fit
From: Michael Salter <michaelsalter@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 09:24:36 -0400
Cc: Ahealey help <healeys@autox.team.net>

--000000000000e027bc05df0cd432

The correct length tube for a BN2 can easily be made from 5/16" steel tube,
the same size as original fuel line, using a flaring tool.

On Sun., May 15, 2022, 7:30 a.m. john harper via Healeys, <
healeys@autox.team.net> wrote:

> Mike
>
> It is not easy a make any suggestion until we have a better idea of which
> wiper system you have.
>
> BN1s have the Lucas CRT wiper motor with the driving inner cables in
> flexible outers. They can only park the blades by turning off the power at
> the appropriate time
>
> BN2s have a Lucas DR2 motor that has a self-canceling feature. The outer
> of the cable runs in solid tubes that are of individual lengths. The main
> difference on the BN2 is that a unique mounting bracket for the motor is
> welded on the inner body.
>
> Regards
>
> On Sat, 14 May 2022 at 21:01, Michael MacLean via Healeys <
> healeys@autox.team.net> wrote:
>
>> Trying to install the wiper rack and motor back into the BN2.  I find the
>> spindle nearest the wiper motor is just short of the hole in the shroud.
>> Not sure if it fit before the shroud was removed and put back on because
>> the rack and motor was given to me as a used setup for the 100 complete.
>> At least I think it is for a 100.  Anyone tell me what a BN2 wiper motor
>> looks like?  The distance between the two spindles is correct.  When I put
>> the spindles in place in the two holes in the shroud the rack does not
>> reach the wiper motor by 1/4 to 1/2 inch.  I bought a complete new rack
>> with spindles from the UK, but the tubing that connects to the wiper motor
>> is a straight piece of tubing, not curved like the original one.  I have
>> not compared it to the original curved one for length, but I suspect it is
>> short also.  Short of trying to make one myself, are there any vendors that
>> custom make the tubing in different lengths for the wiper rack?
>> Mike MacLean
>>
>> Unsubscribe/Manage:
>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/ah100tech@gmail.com

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/michaelsalter@gmail.com

--000000000000e027bc05df0cd432

 5/16&quot; steel tube, the same size as original fuel line, using a flarin=
May 15, 2022, 7:30 a.m. john harper via Healeys, &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:heal=
eys@autox.team.net" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">healeys@autox.team=
gin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div dir=3D"ltr=
1s have the Lucas CRT wiper motor with the driving inner cables in flexible=
 outers. They can only park the blades by turning=C2=A0off the power at the=
 has a self-canceling feature. The outer of the cable runs in solid tubes t=
hat are of individual lengths. The main difference=C2=A0on the BN2 is that =
a unique mounting bracket for the motor is welded on the inner body.</div><=
ir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sat, 14 May 2022 at 21:01, Michael MacLe=
an via Healeys &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:healeys@autox.team.net"; rel=3D"norefer=
rer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">healeys@autox.team.net</a>&gt; wrote:<br>=
order-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><div dir=3D"ltr"><d=
iv>Trying to install the wiper rack and motor back into the BN2.=C2=A0 I fi=
nd the spindle nearest the wiper motor is just short of the hole in the shr=
oud.=C2=A0 Not sure if it fit before the shroud was removed and put back on=
 because the rack and motor was given to me as a used setup for the 100 com=
plete.=C2=A0 At least I think it is for a 100.=C2=A0 Anyone tell me what a =
BN2 wiper motor looks like?=C2=A0 The distance between the two spindles is =
correct.=C2=A0 When I put the spindles in place in the two holes in the shr=
oud the rack does not reach the wiper motor by 1/4 to 1/2 inch.=C2=A0 I bou=
ght a complete new rack with spindles from the UK, but the tubing that conn=
ects to the wiper motor is a straight piece of tubing, not curved like the =
original one.=C2=A0 I have not compared it to the original curved one for l=
ength, but I suspect it is short also.=C2=A0 Short of trying to make one my=
self, are there any vendors that custom make the tubing in different length=
rer noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.htm=
l</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys"; rel=3D"noreferre=
r noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/he=