[Healeys] BN1/2 Hard hot start.

To: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] BN1/2 Hard hot start.
From: Michael Salter <michaelsalter@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2022 16:03:29 -0400

--00000000000075dcf505e20ed520

Like most 100's my early BN1 runs very well until I  try to restart it
after parking for a few minutes after which it is hard to start and runs
badly for the first mile or so.
This is of course a well known issue with these cars, which is caused by
fuel boiling, and many people, including myself, have tried various types
of heatshields in relatively unsuccessful attempts to eliminate this issue
which has been exacerbated by the ethanol content of modern fuels.
I'm contemplating a different approach.
I have purchased an aftermarket windshield washer kit and I'm considering
installing it with a button control to spray a mist of water onto the area
of the main jet and bottom of the float chamber which I will use for a few
seconds before a hot start.
The idea is that the water mist will cool the area and prevent the fuel
boiling there.
Before I  try it I was wondering if anyone has tried this and if so what
were the results.

--00000000000075dcf505e20ed520

=C2=A0 try to restart it after parking for a few minutes after which it is =
hard to start and runs badly for the first mile or so.<div dir=3D"auto">Thi=
s is of course a well known issue with these cars, which is caused by fuel =
boiling, and many people, including myself, have tried various types of hea=
tshields in relatively unsuccessful attempts to eliminate this issue which =
has been exacerbated by the ethanol content of modern fuels.</div><div dir=
=3D"auto">I&#39;m contemplating a different approach.</div><div dir=3D"auto=
">I have purchased an aftermarket windshield washer kit and I&#39;m conside=
ring installing it with a button control to spray a mist of water onto the =
area of the main jet and bottom of the float chamber which I will use for a=
 few seconds before a hot start.</div><div dir=3D"auto">The idea is that th=
e water mist will cool the area and prevent the fuel boiling there.</div><d=
iv dir=3D"auto">Before I=C2=A0 try it I was wondering if anyone has tried t=

--00000000000075dcf505e20ed520--

--===============0967495934203514425==