Re: [Healeys] BN1/2 Hard hot start.

To: Michael Salter <michaelsalter@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BN1/2 Hard hot start.
From: Steven Kingsbury via Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2022 22:26:34 -0000 MailServer2215B152.10000-Famine2215-0-f073d31d8eee
Cc: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
References: <CAB3i7LLKUKZQPV-rnbNuWOZXPwd28r_7MgjmHGCeoWDtRo1Bmw@mail.gmail.com> 2903e8d5c8f:6.0.425,18.0.816,17.11.62.513.0000000 definitions=2022-01-18_01:2022-01-14_01,2022-01-18_01,2021-12-02_01 signatures=0 bulkscore=0 malwarescore=0 suspectscore=0 spamscore=0 phishscore=0 adultscore=0 mlxscore=0 clxscore=1015 classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx scancount=1 engine=8.12.0-2202240000 definitions=main-2206220101
--===============8390770455988536054==

--Apple-Webmail-42--59d83eb4-b78f-431d-acd3-9d1f00af1281

Michael,I never tried the "mist" solution, but along with George McHarris =
from the soCal AH Club, we came up with a way to pretty much do away with =
the problem all together.We installed a marine bilge fan that blew cool ai=
r directly onto the front float bowl. When caught in traffic and with the =
temps rising, turn on the fan and the car ran smooth. Before starting the =
car, turn the fan on, let it run for a few minutes and the cart started an=
d ran smooth.The best thing I ever did with my BN1 and was really simple. =
And best of all, I installed mine so that it could be removed easily and n=
o holes were ever drilled.Some where I have photos of my installation, but=
 basically the fan was mounted next to and a little above the radiator on =
the driver's side of the car. A three inch hose drew air from right behind=
 the grille, ahead of the heat in the engine compartment. The air then wou=
ld be sent through another flexible "hose" and delivered directly to the f=
ront float bowl. I sat in traffic with the temperature getting close to th=
e 200 degree range and never had a problem with vapor lock.Worked great. A=
nd like I said above, it was a really simple installation with nothing per=
manent.=C2=A0Steven KingsburyBN1On Jun 22, 2022, at 1:04 PM, Michael Salte=
r <michaelsalter@gmail.com> wrote:Like most 100's my early BN1 runs very w=
ell until I=C2=A0 try to restart it after parking for a few minutes after =
which it is hard to start and runs badly for the first mile or so.This is =
of course a well known issue with these cars, which is caused by fuel boil=
ing, and many people, including myself, have tried various types of heatsh=
ields in relatively unsuccessful attempts to eliminate this issue which ha=
s been exacerbated by the ethanol content of modern fuels.I'm contemplatin=
g a different approach.I have purchased an aftermarket windshield washer k=
it and I'm considering installing it with a button control to spray a mist=
 of water onto the area of the main jet and bottom of the float chamber wh=
ich I will use for a few seconds before a hot start.The idea is that the w=
ater mist will cool the area and prevent the fuel boiling there.Before I=C2=
=A0 try it I was wondering if anyone has tried this and if so what were th=
e results.M_______________________________________________Support Team.Net=
 http://www.team.net/donate.htmlSuggested annual donation  $12.75Archive: =
http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healey=
scribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/airtightprodu=
ctions@icloud.com
--Apple-Webmail-42--59d83eb4-b78f-431d-acd3-9d1f00af1281
    charset=utf-8;

[...]
rly BN1 runs very well until I&nbsp; try to restart it after parking for a=
 few minutes after which it is hard to start and runs badly for the first =
e with these cars, which is caused by fuel boiling, and many people, inclu=
ding myself, have tried various types of heatshields in relatively unsucce=
ssful attempts to eliminate this issue which has been exacerbated by the e=
termarket windshield washer kit and I'm considering installing it with a b=
utton control to spray a mist of water onto the area of the main jet and b=
ottom of the float chamber which I will use for a few seconds before a hot=
ol the area and prevent the fuel boiling there.<br></div><div dir=3D"auto"=
noreferrer" href=3D"http://Team.Net";>Team.Net</a> <a rel=3D"noopener noref=
errer" href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html";>http://www.team.net/donate=
r></div><div>Archive: <a rel=3D"noopener noreferrer" href=3D"http://www.te=
am.net/pipermail/healeys">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <a rel=