Re: Rear Ends & other questions

To: "Wendy Jeffries" <salt@ivic.net>
Subject: Re: Rear Ends & other questions
From: "Gregory W. Gillette" <gillette@aiinc.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 10:17:46 -0800
>I remember a transplanted Australian who had a rotary engined car that
>he was running at El Mirage in mid '80s.  I don't think he set any
>records but the racers all threatened to take up a collection to have
>him snuffed.  The noise was awful. :>)
>
>Wendy Jeffries, salt@ivic.net
>BRN

i remember sitting on the starting line in the ranchero at bonneville, must
have been around 1973, when a mazda fired-up nex to me.

my god, i couldn't hear to start my own car.  was trying to light it off by
tach and feel.  that little 221 cid with the hilborns and 302 heads didn't
idle.

surely a memorable occassion.  but, not from joy.

have a day,
greg
the facts:
http://members.tripod.com/~drofrockology/index.html