Spoiler altitude

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spoiler altitude
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 08:07:20 -0700
Lots of Progress yesterday... Brad did some magic fabricating...(quality
work I might add) and we have a front air dam sitting on the front of the
car hanging in space.... and it is twice as solid as I imagined it to be...
We could push start a Dump truck...

The questions I have are two fold... should the air dam be lower then the
Chassis? we have the ability to take the chassis down to the salt.... and
the spoiler to any altitude we want with the addition of the Plastic strip
on the bottom... The question is How low should we make it.... how smooth
is the course and could we plan on say 2 inches at Race altitude? Chassis
and air dam?

This thing has an air ride suspension and it is normal for it to decrease
in Altitude as it builds downforce on the course....

We also Built a Rear Spoiler that is adjustable and plan on starting with
it up and moving it down as we get past the qualifing passes on the short
course...

Keith Turk
Austin Healey 100  /  Bugeye / Box Sprite / Bonneville Land Speed Racer
Camaro ( D Gas Altered )