Re: WOS autopsy

To: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: WOS autopsy
From: DOUG ODOM <popms@thegrid.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 08:26:56 -0700
Dick; TCI makes front drive kits for the powerglide and TH-350/400. All
that is require is a flange on the crankshaft to connect the input shaft
and front pump to the engine. There is no clutch setup on this type.
Push start only. Circle track cars have been running this type for
years. You can make a clutch setup like the old clutch-flite in drag
cars 30 years ago did. On circle track cars where you have to start
slowly from standing still, you can plumb the main oil pressure line
through a valve back to the pan. You can hook the valve up to a pedal or
lever inside the car. It's hard on the forward clutches and kind of
jerky but works. My friend LLoyd Capanna can make adapters to just about
any engine/trans combo you want. www.lcapanna@wilcap.com
                        Doug Odom in big ditch