Re: Fastest Production Car

To: Wester S Potter <wspotter@jps.net>
Subject: Re: Fastest Production Car
From: john robinson <john@engr.wisc.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 07:53:38 -0500
Yeah, the driver was coming from one of the nostalgia meets and rather than
do the licensing passes, snuck onto the long course with an early version
of the gt40, those early ones had a problem at speeds over 175 with
floating, he also had road race "meats" that were waaaay too wide for the
salt. I pitted next to him, the mechanic he had with him and I talked about
it afterwards......he also had a C jag and a couple of other neat road
cars......
this guy also decided that I didn't need as much pit area as I had and
parked his semi trailer into my pit, dumped his garbage in my pit
too.............I wasn't impressed with him to say the least.....

At 06:23 PM 10/18/00, you wrote:
>A Ford GT-40 went upside down about three or four years ago at Speed Week if
>I remember correctly.  Not much that is "stock" runs as fast on the salt as
>it does on a banked track with long straights.
>Wes

              John Robinson, Mechanician
   Mechanical Engineering University of Wisconsin
                 1513 University Ave.
                  Madison, Wi. 53706
                     608-262-3606
                   FAX 608-265-2316