Re: El Mirage Report

To: "Land Speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: El Mirage Report
From: "Rick" <TurboRick@TurboRick.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 20:56:07 -0800
Saturday morning was the first vehicle off in the morning on my 231 bike and
ran 214 mph on a 195 mph record
dropped the bike off at impound and ran the 12 bike to a less than expected
211 mph.
later that night I checked the turbo and it had about .020 end play (not
good)
went home ( only a 25 minute drive ) and took it apart installed a new
thrust bearing and got done by 4 am
next morning made another run on the 12 bike about 2 tenths of a mile before
the traps the bike starts to nose over
I look down at the Speedo ( yup I have one of those) and it reads 216.5 mph
well......
the record I was running on was a 216.9 mph
record so I stayed in it and went through the traps at 217.8 mph on with one
dead cylinder ( out of 4).
The 231 bike is the number 1 points bike and the 12 bike is the number 2
points bike and top speed (motorcycle) for the year. So I have had a great
year now maybe I can get some stuff done around the house.

Rick Yacoucci
AKA Turbo Rick
Bike 231 and 12