Pahrump Exposed!

To: "Land Speed List" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pahrump Exposed!
From: "Ed Van Scoy" <edvs@uswest.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 19:50:25 -0700
On our way back from the SEMA show in Las Vegas, Linda & I made a detour

to the desert paradise of Pahrump. The purpose of this visit was to
confirm the existance of one Dr. Lawrence Mayfield, AKA Mayf,  (and his
lovely bride Cathy), and further, to examine the World's fastest Sunbeam

(to be).  I can report that both do in fact exist! After examining the
Sunbeam (which is a lot farther along than I expected), and the site of
the new Mayfield residence and shop under construction, Mayf and Miss
Cathy (that's with a "C", Keith), treated us to lunch in bustling
downtown Pahrump. So there! One more urban myth de-bunked!  All kidding
aside, we enjoyed the visit and Pahrump REALLY does have a downtown
(however, it does not have an uptown).
Ed  (I think Art Bell lives in the trailer in the back yard)