Re: What's Up?

To: v4gr@rcn.com (Richard Fox), land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: What's Up?
From: ardunbill@webtv.net
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 21:50:40 -0500 (EST)
Rich, just saw a reference to your Ford V8 tank engine in my Ford
Aviation Legacy book previously mentioned.  Says Ford's original
intention was a V12 Aero engine to improve on the Allison and RR Merlin
of the day, but the govt. wanted a V8 tank engine instead, so Ford went
that way.  The book states that some 25,000 of these tank engines were
made.  You have some, you said Don Ferguson had or has some, I wonder
what happened to all the rest of them?  Even to scrap them would have
cost money for dismantling.  And who'd ever want to scrap such a nice
piece of equipment?  Cheers Bill