Re: hose

To: "Rose & Terry Hunt" <hunt@Kuentos.guam.net>
Subject: Re: hose
From: "Ed Van Scoy" <edvs@uswest.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 10:40:50 -0700
Mayf,
I use pretty much the same technique; With hose in vise,  racer tape (not common
DUCT tape) on the braid, cut hose with a cut-off wheel on a die grinder (chop
saw
on larger hoses) trim the "frizzies" with tin snips and remove tape.... work the
fitting on in a slight circular motion, the same direction as the braid. I use a
very small screwdriver to push any strands that pop out back into the fitting.
After fitting is on, clean up blood on workbench before it dries and apply
antiseptic to sliced fingers before infection sets in. Swearing is optional, but
often relieves operator stress..........
Ed