Re: Cold Intake

To: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>, "Rick Hammond"
Subject: Re: Cold Intake
From: "Rick Byrnes" <Rick@rbmotorsports.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 14:35:01 -0500
Rick,
I am in agreement with Mayf, and to further his comments, you can further
reduce intake temps below ambient, with water spray on an air/air charge
cooler, and then using an air/ice water system.  I utilized this compound
charge cooling in the turbo Merkur and found inlet temperatures of less than
80 degrees f on a 100 deg day with lots of flow and boost.  (75PPH of air at
96" Hg absolute).  The cooling systems get a little complex, but not nearly
like one using some type of cryogenics.  I have no data with the cooler on
the N/A motor, but others that run a like system say temps in the 40's are
typical.

Rick Byrnes