Re: Record Question

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Record Question
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 13:36:25 EST
In a message dated 4/4/2002 9:58:52 AM Pacific Standard Time,
jkamo@rap.midco.net writes:

> Doug remember its not just having a two way
> average in a given mile over the existing record.........
> all qualifing miles must be over the record 1st

Joe,
    That's not my understanding of the process. I don't believe that all the
miles on your qualifying pass must be over the record before you are
permitted to run the second pass. If any of the timed miles are above the
existing record you are then permitted to run a backup pass. On that backup
pass your speed for the fastest mile over which you made the qualifying pass
must, when averaged with the qualifying pass speed for that same mile, exceed
the existing record by at least .001MPH..............Ardun Doug