FW: Variable Orifice Throttle Plates / Slide Injector Throttle

To: Bruce Ferguson <FastmetalBDF@aol.com>,
Subject: FW: Variable Orifice Throttle Plates / Slide Injector Throttle
From: W S Potter <wester6935@attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 18:22:34 -0700
Worked well on the Jaguar engine Wes Knudsen used in his E Boat "Stardust"
when he won a couple of national championships.  Just a slide plate between
the flat surface on the head and Hilborn injectors.  Not a high-tech setup
like they would have run on a car.  Running 50% nitro and with an elephant
ear surfacer prop. on the 246 C.I.. engine (fuel  size limit), it was an
impressive sound indeed.  Again the rules mavens managed to screw things up
although he did well with the Chev he replaced the Jag with.  Ron Armstrong
built the Chev. engine and Wes set an FIA record with that setup.

Not a bad speed ... something around 126 if I remember correctly.

Wes