Harbor Freight / Engine stands/hoists

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Harbor Freight / Engine stands/hoists
From: Ralph Forsythe <rf-list@centerone.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 12:23:42 -0700 (MST)
Well, ha anyone used the hoists and stands that HF sells?  They're cheap,
and with the talk of quality I figure I'd ask.  There is't much to be
"durable" on them, short of them not dropping an engine block, so if they
suck I'd like to know now.

I need to pull an FE block out of a Ford pickup, and these are not light
weight - probably 700 pounds give or take.  Am I ok going with this stuff,
or should I look elsewhere?

Or, does anyone in or around the Denver area have a stand and/or hoist
they are looking to sell?

Thanks,
-rf