Re: Threaded Fittings

To: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>,
Subject: Re: Threaded Fittings
From: "Glen Barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 08:53:29 -0800
Having spent 40 years in the aerospace hydraulics R&D  labs we use teflon
pipe tape on alum. pipe threads. The trick is to make sure the threads are
clean and dry. Avoid putting the teflon tape on the lead in threads. Start
up about 2 threads for a good  seal. 1 & 1/2 wrap is enough to seal. Don't
over torque. Just check after each run to assure they are still tight and
not leaking. After removing be sure to clean out any tape left in the female
threads.  a dental pick from Harbor FGT is good for this. MAke sure you wrap
in the opposite direction so the tape doesn't peal during installation.
Glen