Re: FIA List - needs updating

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: FIA List - needs updating
From: "Glen Barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 13:24:45 -0700
List

Regardless of what the French and the FIA does I have good news for the
racers that have set records at the world Finals (Bonneville International
Records) since 1999. SCTA / BNI will in the very near future will present
each of the nine teams a certificate that set records at our meets under the
supervision of FIA and SCTA / BNI Timers .

This certificate will give the official speed avg. for the mile and the
kilo. This is not an FIA certificate. This is from the Bonneville
International Records under the direction of the Southern California Timing
Assoc. & The Bonneville Nationals Inc.

This certificate has been in the works for some time and will have as much
or more meaning then the FIA.
These records were set in the USA and timed by certified timing equipment by
the official timers of SCTA / BNi.

Glen Barrett
Chief Timer
SCTA/BNI