Re: Header welding

To: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Header welding
From: Skip Higginbotham <saltrat@pro-blend.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 09:28:35 -0500
Dick, I TIG everything.....nothing has cracked or broken with the TIG. I
weld on the inside of the flange and do not on the outside. Looks great and
stays put. I know this doesn't answer your question but just an input. To
answer.......gas. I don't believe that MIG is good enough for any welding
job on a racecar....penetration is too inconsistent. Maybe the trailer.......
Skip