RE: camshaft break-in procedures

To: "'Albaugh, Neil'" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>,
Subject: RE: camshaft break-in procedures
From: "Mathew Sanchez" <mathew.sanchez@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 21:38:18 +0100
I don't know if this is of any use to any of you but from somewhat
limited experience I'd agree with Neil on this one. There were quite a
few cam failures a while back with VW motors so we ran the cam in my
motor in on stock single springs (20 min at 2500rpm or so) and then
switched them for the duals and the cam still seems to be OK. As far as
I know the people experiencing flat cams were running the cam in on the
dual springs.