Fwd: Traction Control and Bench Racing..

To: land-speed@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Fwd: Traction Control and Bench Racing..
From: "Jon E. Wennerberg" <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 15:24:56 -0500
> On Thursday, November 18, 2004, at 05:44 PM, jkamo@rushmore.com wrote:
>> w my place  :):)
>>
>> I need to get back to telling my son how he
>> "should" be doing his math calculations with a
>> slide rule...........
>>
>> life is GOOD.........
>>
>> Joe :)
>>

> Yes, but---
>
> I keep a circular slide rule in a pocket in my Gold Wing.  The slide
> rule has been there for years - and has never needed fresh batteries
> nor strong light to operate, resists damage from vibration, and
> figures gas mileage or miles per hour or currency exchange rates
> without having to learn reverse Polish notation.  Also helps draw nice
> straight lines and has conversion tables printed right on it.
>
> Sometimes old technology is good, too. . .

I might as well stop the flood of questions before it gets out of hand
and clogs up the server:

The circular slide rule is made of a rectangle of plastic upon which
are mounted the "circles" of the slide rule.  That's how I can make
straight lines...

               Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan