Re: First car?

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>
Subject: Re: First car?
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 07:08:58 -0800
Keith,

I'm not bored...more to do than I can get done. Have been running back
and forth between Redding and Bend Oregon trying to rid myself of a
property that my daughter has been occupying. Have gone up there a
couple of days each of the last two weeks and will be going again in the
morning.

My first car was a 1922 Model-T Ford Roadster. I paid $25 for it and
sold it for $20, the kind of profitable transactions I often make. I
drove it about twenty miles before it quit. I didn't know anything about
engines then so I sold it to a friend that had it running in about ten
minutes. It had jumped timing. So much for that! My first real car was a
1936 Ford Deluxe  2-Door Sedan. Deluxe meant that it had dual windshield
wipers, dual tail lights, a radio, clock and a spare tire with a metal
cover mounted on the rear. It was a beautiful car which I paid $550 for
in 1948. I was the second owner. It came with a Iowa title which listed
the original purchase price, $535.
I wish I had it now!

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/FCC