cloned City of Burbank streamliner

To: land-speed@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: cloned City of Burbank streamliner
From: Ugo Fadini <ugo@ugofadini.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 01:16:07 +0100
Hi folks,

although I have never used the list to promote my models, as this is
not a commercial space and it should stay that way, I wish to use it
for once to make everyone aware that a guy in France has cloned my
model of the City of Burbank streamliner and is selling it under his
own brand in the Bob Estes Mercury livery (which I also produce).

My model is sold only under the SPEEDONsalt brand and has my name on
the bottom and on the box. If you see an identical model sold under a
different brand, it is NOT made by me!!! Buying it would mean
rewarding a thief.
Competition between manufacturers is welcome, but saving the costs
and difficulties of producing a new master model by copying other
people's work is just immoral. It is also illegal, but I do not have
the means to hire a lawyer, so my only weapon to limit the damage is
your help.

What made this warning necessary is that this truly disgusting person
is currently offering his cloned model on ebay describing it as
"perhaps produced by Ugo Fadini": he copies my work and then uses my
name to promote his forgeries!
PLEASE do not buy his counterfeited products!!! Do not help a thief succeed!

Thanks for your support!
Ugo Fadini (in Padova, Italy)
www.ugofadini.com