Re: cloned City of Burbank streamliner

To: Ugo Fadini <ugo@ugofadini.com>
Subject: Re: cloned City of Burbank streamliner
From: "Jon E. Wennerberg" <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 09:26:53 -0500
On Tuesday, February 1, 2005, at 07:16 PM, Ugo Fadini wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> although I have never used the list to promote my models, as this is
> not a commercial space and it should stay that way, I wish to use it
> for once to make everyone aware that a guy in France has cloned my
> model of the City of Burbank streamliner and is selling it under his
> own brand in the Bob Estes Mercury livery (which I also produce).
>
> My model is sold only under the SPEEDONsalt brand and has my name on
> the bottom and on the box. If you see an identical model sold under a
> different brand, it is NOT made by me!!! Buying it would mean
> rewarding a thief.
> Competition between manufacturers is welcome, but saving the costs
> and difficulties of producing a new master model by copying other
> people's work is just immoral. It is also illegal, but I do not have
> the means to hire a lawyer, so my only weapon to limit the damage is
> your help.
>
> What made this warning necessary is that this truly disgusting person
> is currently offering his cloned model on ebay describing it as
> "perhaps produced by Ugo Fadini": he copies my work and then uses my
> name to promote his forgeries!
> PLEASE do not buy his counterfeited products!!! Do not help a thief
> succeed!
>
> Thanks for your support!
> Ugo Fadini (in Padova, Italy)
> www.ugofadini.com

Nancy and I do a bit of buying and selling on eBay, so I was going to
take a moment to write a nasty-gram about this guy.  But I cannot find
it on eBay.  Did I misinterpret the note from Ugo, and the item is NOT
listed on eBay?  Or, if it is there, would someone please help me find
it so I can offer my personal ration of sh*t about the guy?

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan
              (that's 'way up north)