Re: Rotation Drag

To: land-speed@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Rotation Drag
From: John Goodman <ggl205@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 04:43:38 -0800 (PST)
John:

I can't support what I will say next but the wake
created by an open wheel has to be responsible for
more than one or two percent drag. Wake and turbulence
is the primary cause of high Cd in open wheel cars. A
narrow tire helps reduce this drag but there is still
a good deal of turbulence. If interested, take a look
at some of the F1 cars and how they attempt to manage
tire wake. They are some of the best at it.

John Goodman

--- John Burk <joyseydevil@comcast.net> wrote:

> I read that only 1% or 2% of the drag of the front
> wheel of a roadster or
> lakester is due the foreward speed at the top .

The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
http://my.yahoo.com