Re: Rotation Drag and other problems

To: John Goodman <ggl205@yahoo.com>, <land-speed@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Rotation Drag and other problems
From: Skip Higginbotham <Saltrat@lubricationdynamics.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 08:11:20 -0800
John,
If the tire is covered, the top is of little consequence due to no air
blast. Please explain how lift is created by a covered tire????? No vent
required........I think. I would expect turbulence in the wheel well. But
lift? Why not down force? Got some test data? If supported by actual
numbers then a vent may indeed be required after all.
My front wheel(s) well is vented to the rear. Inside the car. Taking on air
via the slot for the tires may affect lift tho.
Skip