Jack's Garage

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Jack's Garage
From: Jane McMeekin <mcmeekin@columbus.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 18:52:43 -0500
Jane & I just got back from L.A. where Gene & Alan Barbee were kind
enough to take us to see Jack Underwood of "Jack's Garage" fame.
Everyone on the west coast knows about the legendary land speed racers'
hangout, but many of us in the midwest and on the east coast have only
heard about the place. If you have an interest in landspeed racing
history (on this list, who doesn't?), Jack's Garage is a "must see."
Jack is a terrific guy with a wealth of information that he eagerly
shares with all who visit. His garage is filled with racing memorabilia
- pictures, programs, trophies, engines. Our visit with Jack was the
highlight of the weekend.
Thanks to Jack & the Barbees for a great weekend.
Don McMeekin