What used to be about crew certificates...

To: speedtimer@charter.net
Subject: What used to be about crew certificates...
From: Askotto@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 17:19:30 EDT
Hi Glen

Your comment hit home and the only time my attitude comes out is when I'm
personally "attacked". Dave's comment about "and my record is??? really pissed
me off so I went on attack myself. I tried to do it "professionally".

I admit, I'm new to LSR and have jumped in with both feet building a
premiere division car capable of speeds over 275 mph. This sounds like lunacy
in
it's purest form! I've already been attacked by the community for that.

Here's the deal. I started reading Hot Rod mag back in '59. The LSR cars at
El Mirage and on the salt at Bonneville infatuated me from day one. In  '64 I
was reading an article about Charlie Markley setting a record over 240  with a
belly tank lakester. The s$%# eatin grin on his face convinced me I had  to
build a car and race it on the salt. I've had salt fever for over 40 years  and
I've never even raced there, yet! It just took me this long for things  to
fall into place to be out there doing it. And I'm running out of  time!

My plans are to bring my car to El Mirage this summer for an  inspection and
possibly some licensing pass'. This way when I finally reach  the salt in
August, I'll be ready to attain my life long dream of sailing  down that
magical
stretch of salt.

I'm looking forward to meeting you at the line.

Otto