RE: 200 MPH Club accolades

To: <Askotto@aol.com>
Subject: RE: 200 MPH Club accolades
From: "Tom Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 14:22:13 -0700
Otto,

I feel the desperation in your words. I don't know any of those people (the
elitist) in your reference. Help me to understand why you feel this way.

I have been around this venue of motor sports since the mid-fifties and most
people I have been in contact with are down to earth hard working
individuals that just want to go faster than they did last time. I spent the
majority of my time in this sport chasing records, not setting them. It took
me almost thirty years to achieve my "Red Hat", but it doesn't end there. It
the challenge that you face each time you strap into the car that keeps the
smile on your face.

Don't demean those who have been fortunate enough to drive a car into the
record book. There is more to achieving the "Red Hat" than steering the car.
I have had too many friends, who were seasoned drivers, die in their
attempts at speed to suggest that it is something that most everyone can do.
It takes, not only a bit of intestinal fortitude and some acquired skill,
but also great desire to accomplish the task.

I really think that you will find that most people on this list will support
you in your endeavors whether you are setting records or not. You might even
find help in doing it if you treat them with respect.

Tom, (this is not a flame) Redding CA - #216 D/FCC