Re: IN THE NEWS : LA Drivers Hassling Slowpoke Hybrids Out For

To: LandSpeed <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: IN THE NEWS : LA Drivers Hassling Slowpoke Hybrids Out For
From: "Jon.the.Wise" <jon.the.wise@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 12:24:37 -0700
Unfortunately that seems to be too much to ask. And what's too slow,
considoring LA, and traffic, I would think anything over the crawl of
freeway traffic at rush hour would be pleasing, but assume that people in
the carpool lane are wanting to be doing 75+ as I've driven through so cal
when there's no traffic, and truckers on I5 are doing 70+ at times.

Just some common sense in the way we use our cars would have a greater
> impact on our resources, I think.

Honestly, the best thing we could do in this country is start building
monorails and bullet trains (monorails for local city commutes, and bullet
trains to go from say LA to Seattle with stops in Sacramento and Portland)
If we had a more effective and reliable mass transit system, then all this
and that and the other about cars wouldn't be an issue. They would become
pleasure vehicles, and people would treat them as such. I wish I didn't have
to drive to work every day, I'd much rather wake up, hop on a train, go
back to sleep for 20 minutes or so and wake up just before my stop.

~Jon