Re: NonLSR - saving the planet/alternative fuels Part1

To: "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Subject: Re: NonLSR - saving the planet/alternative fuels Part1
From: Jon Wennerberg <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 14:17:08 -0400
On Wednesday, July 5, 2006, at 01:31  PM, Dave Dahlgren wrote:

> How many copies of the New York Times Washington Post and others might
> that
> be??
> Dave

As a little part of our business we collect and recycle scrap paper and
send it to a local mill for recycling into new paper.  We take 5-10
ton/week of magazines, newspapers, books, catalogs, and -- best of all
-- undeliverable junk mail from the post offices.  The mill (Manistique
Papers Inc.) repulps and deinks it and makes

a:  Newsprint,

b:  Publishing papers, such as the pages in books (not the covers), and
best of all,

c: The paper tray liners for McDonald's.  Just think -- when you're
dribbling ketchup and cheese as you eat your Big Mac -- you're (within
the bounds of statistics) using paper that passed through my place way
up north in Marquette.

And as for the paper that we collect from our confidential document
destruction customers -- well, that goes to a tissue mill where it's
made into toilet paper.  Sort of fitting for stuff from a lawyer's
office, hey?

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan
              (that's 'way up north)

PS  Before manufacturing that toilet paper they take out the paper
clips and staples, and they remove the carbon paper, too.  No skid
marks come with the paper -- you have to make your own.