Re: Leakdown question

To: mike.meierle@alcatel.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Leakdown question
From: Flowbench@aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 13:29:21 EDT
Mike, it kinda depends on what's leaking (or not). Did you do this on a warm
or cold engine? is it leaking out the exhaust, intake or breathers? If you are
running a standard performance ring package 3% to 6% is pretty good to me
(endurance racing), but if the engine is cold or hasn't been run in some time
it
could just be light surface rust on the valve or seat. In my engines I don't
worry until it gets over 15%, but again it depends on if it's a warm or cold
engine. I'll bet if you warm the engine the percentages will be closer. Me I'd
run it!!
Mike