Re: Dear Abby: Salt Etiquette?

To: Bobbyhotrods@comcast.net, Land-speed@autox.team.net (Landspeed)
Subject: Re: Dear Abby: Salt Etiquette?
From: Ray Buck <rbuck@aros.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 19:39:56 -0700
Well, I don't know about anyone else, but it's always been my
practice to NOT touch anyone else's car (truck,
motorcycle...whatever) without them asking me (as in asking for some
help with lifting or pushing) or without me asking their permission first.

I've seen enough incidents at car shows and hot rod cruises (and in
the pits at race tracks) where "unapproved touching" has been met
with exactly the kind of response you've described.

I've also seen a whole lotta people with absolutely no respect for
another person's property who seem to feel that it's their God-given
right to smear their grubby mitts all over my car...or even worse,
let their untamed, candy/ice cream slimed children do it.  I don't
appreciate that at all...and I spose if it was the 13th or 20th (or
whatever) time someone started messing with my car in the span of a
couple of hours, I'd probably react pretty strongly.

That's just me...others may have different opinions.  Btw, for me,
the "hands off unless invited" holds true whether it's on the salt,
at Pebble Beach or at the local Arctic Circle cruise nite.  Again,
this is just my opinion...YMMV.

Ray the (frozen-solid) rat