Wendover "problems"

To: Landspeed list <land-speed@autox.team.net>, "Gary C. Hensley"
Subject: Wendover "problems"
From: Jon Wennerberg <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 09:57:17 -0500
I've initiated a line of discussion with someone on the periphery of
officialdom out in Wendover.  I have tried to be non-confrontational
in opening a line of exploration and reasoning as to why we racers
have difficulty in finding sufficient lodging.  I'm doing this on my
own, and was careful to make that disclaimer in the note so that no
one -- not their city council, not our sanctioning organisation(s),
nor anyone else -- can get grumpy at me for meddling.  Nancy and I
happen to know this contact person socially (sorta), and I hope that
maybe I can explore and get back with some comments from "the other
side".  I'll keep you folks apprised of the situation.

Jon, a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim,
the "Potentate of Porta-Potties"

On Fri Jan 26 9:22 , "Gary C. Hensley" sent:

     I'm sure as Hell none of us needs this additional stress about
not having
     rooms. It would be nice if we heard from the organizers?

     Gary C Hensley
     Phone: 248-670-0883
     Team Arrow Racing #1150B
     World Land Speed Record Holder
     S-G-650 210.728 mph August 21, 2004
     Fastest 500 cc Motorcycle on the Planet 228.559 mph August 18, 2006