mg-mmm

Color schemes- 35 PA

To: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: Color schemes- 35 PA
From: DSBonar@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 13:05:51 EST
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
My 35 PA #1823 was originally duotone red and I intend to return her to the
original. My problem is:

I have found only one color picture of a PA in the duotone reds of Carmine
and Saratoga. (front and back covers of MG Magazine, Spring 1986). It appears
that only the front and rear wing are painted the darker red ... with the
balance of the car in the lighter color.
I've seen a number of pictures of both the Oxford/Cambridge blues as well as
the Dublin and Ulster Greens duotone and the color schemes seem to be the
same. They consist of wings, the top of the bonnet (to the break) and petrol
tank in the darker color, lighter in the middle.
Why the difference in the duotone red pattern ... or did I see an anomaly?

Can anyone help me secure the "correct" scheme for the reds?

Thanks,

Don Bonar
British Cars Web: http://www.team.net/sol