mg-mmm

J3762

To: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: J3762
From: Taylor Family <t.family@bigpond.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 21:04:29 +1100
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Hi all,

Just following instructions (after only recently becoming intenet
connected!) and sending some infor re current status of J3762.

The J3 has been off the road for about a month with a slight hiccup in
the bell housing. I was showing Andrew Fock the delights of an original
J clutch when one of the withdrawl lever retaining spring clips decided
to part company with the mounting. Much unhealthy noise from within
until the offending clip finally dropped to the bottom of the
bellhousing.

Now, after renewing all clips plus rectifying worn clutch plate and
input shaft splines (if any one is interested, I'll tell how this was
done), the box is back in and I am on the way to being able to compete
at an event next weekend.

If all goes well, I may have time to provide the history of this J3. I
have commenced an update of the MMM register history of all J3's made,
inclusive of recent photos for at least the Australian cars. It's really
a winter pastime and I may finish it this year.

Cheers, Ed (J3762 & MMM208)
British Cars Web: http://www.team.net/sol