mg-mmm

PA spring pin- solution

To: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: PA spring pin- solution
From: DSBonar@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 08:03:01 EDT
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Thanks to everyone who took a shot at helping me figure this thing out!

The pin checked out as well as the spring dimensions ... it was the hole!

In a long phone call with Lew I believe we have determined that in
straightening the cross tube (previous owner obviously made some serious
contact) it appears the threaded "plug" containing both the threads and the
"lugs" or positioning pins has been pushed down into the tube so as to not
allow the threads on the pin to engage. I believe I compounded the problem
when I had the frame and cross tube powder coated, the combined added
thickness also is preventing a snug fit between the inside if the dumb iron
knuckle and the end of the cross tube. Both issues should be very fixable!

Thanks again to everyone for all the good advice.

Don B.