mg-mmm

Re: Oil Pressure

To: <GRaw505@aol.com>, <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oil Pressure
From: <hiro@octagongarage.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 15:40:30 +0900
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Dear Geoff and all,

I have put Barry Dean oil filter conversion to my J2. In this
conversion, oil doesn't go through relief valve, so
sometimes(when cold) more than 160psi oil pressure it shows (no
more figures left on the dial). I don't think it is very
serious problem, but maybe I am wrong. Any suggestions welcome.
For your reference, I built main bearing and big ends'
clearance 4/100mm and use 25W-50 BP all season.

Hiro

> From: GRaw505@aol.com
> Date: 2003/03/10 月 午前 03:08:02 GMT+09:00
> To: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
> Subject: Oil Pressure
>
> Greetings All
> Some time last year I fitted the Sports & Vintage alternative
oil filter kit to the PA.  Now most of the time since then I've
been busy working but now I've retired I have more time to
play.  The problem is that I am having a lot of trouble getting
oil pressure on startup.  As a quick fix it appeared that by
releasing then re-tightening the relief valve cap that would
work but now nothing!.  I also considered that the filter
canister was too big and sitting
> too high above the sump so was draining back but having
checked with Fram, the one supplied is designated for Porche
and has a non return valve.  Just to be on the safe side, I've
replaced the Pressure relief valkve and spring.