mg-mmm

Re: Tyres fro P types

To: "Andrew Fock" <awfock@optushome.com.au>, "MG Pre-war" <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tyres fro P types
From: "Gill And Dick Morbey" <gd.morbey@virgin.net>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 10:01:08 +0100
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Andrew
I have had a set of BW's 4/19  3 stud tyres on my P type for around 2000
miles now and am pleased with them.

They do look slightly spindly (albeit that is said to be "correct" -
whatever that means) and they balloon out nicely when inflated and appear to
look similar to those seen on period pictures of our cars.

How do they handle?  Pretty well, I'd say.  They stick nicely to the road
and this means that they are less inclined to slide/drift than, say
traditional Dunlops.  ANd they have an abundance of tread!  There's not much
perceptible wear except at the front and that's been improved now I have
(ermm) correctly adjusted the tracking ..........

Overall - I'm pretty pleased with mine.

Regards
Dick Morbey
PA0743