mg-mmm

RE: Tyres fro P types

To: "'Andrew Fock'" <awfock@optushome.com.au>
Subject: RE: Tyres fro P types
From: "John James" <jj@octagon.fsbusiness.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 13:44:10 +0100
Cc: <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Hello Andrew,

As regards best size (4.00/19 vs 4.50/19) I think it should be 4.00/19
as 4.50/19 do not "look right" on a P-type. Also with swept wings, there
may well be a tendency for the larger tyre size to rub on the wings at
full lock.

I use AVON 4.00/19 on my PB. They wear very well (hardly any wear after
10,000 miles) and they are not as expensive as Mr Walker's 3-stud tyres.
If you want any help with acquiring a batch of these I'll be pleased to
make enquiries for you.

Can I take this opportunity to thank you for arranging the manufacture
of the water pumps? They are a considerable saving on the price quoted
by Sports and Vintage and I am well pleased with them. I shall be
removing my "suitable only for stirring tea" water pump after Christmas
in conjunction with an engine rebuild. The car will then be all set up
to go to Luxembourg for the Triple-M rally. I am really looking forward
to this.

Best Wishes,

JOHN JAMES