mg-mmm

Re: your message - MG PA Head

To: <DENKLEMM@aol.com>
Subject: Re: your message - MG PA Head
From: "Pip Bucknell" <mgwizard@caloundra.net>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 08:03:22 +1000
Cc: "MMM List UK" <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Good morning,

There are issues that we may all learn about.  That is the wonder of being
human - or in my case, nearly human, where as a decaying frame may be a
better description.

Certainly a drawing exists for the PA Rocker - and I am luckily a custodian
of this drawing - outside UK.

I must say that I am quite sure that you have ample experience "in this sort
of matter".  What surprises me, is that you have elected to go for slightly
second hand valves on one set and it would seem, the same with the rockers.

You make no mention of the valve springs and what seat pressure you are
running.  I am sure you would know that these are a vital part of the
cylinderhead.

My advice is always, only use the very best of the new components that can
be obtained.  But, as I say, we can all learn and I could be wrong.

The main reason for writing this that what you may not be aware of is that
Laverda motorcycle valves are the same stem size as our original MMM valves.
These valves were fitted with "valve caps" like many Jaguar cars.  The caps
come in many sizes (thicknesses) and work very well with MMM engines & cause
no problems.  They sit on top of the valve stem and can save a lot of time
in setting up the head by traditional means.

Good luck with the project.

Pip
AUSTRALIA