mg-mmm

Re: MG PB Midget Pistons NEW on EBAY

To: "Robert Grunau" <cgrunau@pathcom.com>, "Pat Mullen" <pmullen@telus.net>, <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MG PB Midget Pistons NEW on EBAY
From: "Dave & Diana Dwyer" <dmdwyer@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 17:26:56 +1000
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Bob

If you mean an original PA block, I believe the max oversize was nominally
+60. Having said that, we've just bored ours to +80 (the engine man pointed
out that this would remove much less metal than boring for sleeves) and the
car's apparently running OK, ie no leaks or weeps.

As to the repro J2 block, I imagine an original block would take +60. I
guess it depends on how closely they copied the coring. Engine
reconditioners usually have ultrasonic test gear to determine wall
thickness.

Regards

Dave Dwyer
J2 (with PA engine), TA, TC