mg-mmm

Re: PA assembly questions

To: <DB35PA@aol.com>, <mg-mmm@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: PA assembly questions
From: "Peter Green" <p.green@mgk3.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 14:20:30 -0000
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@Autox.Team.Net
Hello Don,

You have raised a very interesting point with regards the four 1/4" holes on the top of each side rail. I have three "P" type chassis' at present to look at and they all have these holes (one chassis was fitted with a 4 seater body). The only explanation I can think of is that ALL chassis' were drilled with these holes but they would have only been used on cars with 4 seater bodies to hold the rear passengers foot well in place.

With regards you question about floor boards, I agree with the other replies, the boards do fit on top of the propshaft tunnel lip. Originally the propshaft tunnel supporting brackets had 1/4" BSF bolts brazed to them (pointing upwards)which the propshaft tunnel and floorboards fitted over and were then held in place by nuts. A far neater way of fixing (but perhaps not for the purists) is to remove the bolt from the supporting bracket and braze a 1/4" BSF nut in its place and fix the floorboards with a bolt going downwards into the nut.

I hope the above is of some help and will be interested to see if anyone agrees with my thoughts about the holes on the top of your side rails.

Regards,

Peter.

----- Original Message ----- From: <DB35PA@aol.com>