mg-mmm

Re: Morris CWPs

To: "Lew Palmer" <lpalmer@roundaboutmanor.com>, "MMM List" <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Morris CWPs
From: "Horneteer" <horneteer.1@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 20:52:46 +0100
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Lew

Any CWP,from: Morris Eight Series 1; 2; BUT they may be 6 bolt fixing rather than 8 bolt fixing. Hence you need to get the Morris diff unit as well. The Wolseley Hornet of 1934 used the same gears but 8 bolt fixing; as did theWolseley Nine of 1934/5. Also the Wolseley New Hornet of 1936 used these gears in 8 bolt fixing. Mostly these were in the 7/37 or 8/41 ratio. Wolseley Hornet Specials of 1934 used the same style CWP, but 8/39 form. I have come across 8/41 ratios, from Morris Eight vans I think.
New CWP's are currently available from at least 2 sources in original ratios or 9/41 or 9/39.I can dig out the contact numbers if required.
Graham
(The Hornet that just swept past your MG)
/// http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/majorcool