Re: brake problem

To: "Lewis Palmer" <lpalmer@vanstar.com>,
Subject: Re: brake problem
From: "Bob and Carolyn Grunau" <cgrunau@pathcom.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 07:14:27 -0400
Use of silicone brake fluid can also cause the master cylinder and/or the
wheel cylinder rubber cups  to swell and not allow full return. Pressure
retention in the system may be a sign the master cylinder is not returning
fully and thereby allowing pressure to remain in the system.
Are you using silicone or DOT 3 or 4? I tried silicone on my race TC and
found one wheel cylinder and the master cylinder would not move properly (
all new brake parts ). Flushing and using DOT 4 solved the problem.
Bob