Re: Clutch Roller Bearings

To: Stuart Keen <simbafish@home.com>
Subject: Re: Clutch Roller Bearings
From: Curtis Cook <ccook@admin.coloradocollege.edu>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 07:22:48 -0700 (MST)
Stu-  The carbon bearing seems to be high friction.  I find that I must
start the car with the clutch engaged and transmission in neutral, as
starting with the clutch disengaged seems to overburden the starting
system.  Moreover, disengaging the clutch at idle may stall the engine, so
I find myself with a bit  more foot and shift work than with say my
pickup. That seems to be the trade-off.  The carbon bearing otherwise is
durable and trouble-free.  -Curtis