TD door hinges

To: mgt listserve <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: TD door hinges
From: Francis Precht <fprecht@mail.frostburg.edu>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 16:32:50 -0500
Well, since winter is in full force, I've retreated to my basement to
'enjoy' fitting the doors (again) to the body tub.  In sorting thru the
box-o-parts, I discovered 3 old/used and 1 new door hinges.  And, by
golly, the PO even labelled (yes that's right - labelled) the hinges
according to side and top/bottom.  But, it seems that the 3 older hinges
ALL had 3 holes on the one side of the hinge, which also match the
rotten hinge pillars of the frame (left side had 3 hole hinges on the
pillar side on both top and bottom).

My question: besides the more obvious of direction that the hinge pin
faces/inserts from and the (supposed) 3 holes in the top hinges, are
there any real differences in the hinges ?  Their shapes (other than
subtle differences probably resulting from door fitting and wear) appear
to be identical.

Thanks for any clarification any of you may offer.
Bud P.

///
///  mg-t@autox.team.net mailing list
///