Wire Feeler Gauge

To: MG T Digest <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wire Feeler Gauge
From: Stuart Keen <simbafish@home.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 19:14:33 -0500
Both the previous owner of my TD and past TSOs recommend using a wire
feeler gauge to set the valves of the XPAG. The rationale is that a
blade type will merely bridge any wear (depression) and consequently the
adjustment could be in error by a factor of 2.

Does anyone know where a wire feeler gauge can be purchased that covers
the .015 to .019 range? I have searched locally and I have search on the
Internet, but all I find are wire type feeler gauges used to set spark
plug gap. They usually start at .02 or higher.

Thanks for any leads and e-mail addresses.

Stu Keen
1951 MGTD MkII

///
///  mg-t@autox.team.net mailing list